Wednesday, September 15, 2010

In Retrospect

I gave you my heart,
You took my breath away.
You clawed your way into my head,
You've taken all my thoughts away.

So this is what it feels like...
To be on the other side,
To breathe at another's command,
To ache every time she smiles,
To swallow any pride you have left,
To surrender and let down your guard.

To take a breathe I have to relearn,
Coz if its too deep; my heart wrenches
And one too short would risk losing you

If this is love and this is what I ran from,
If this is what the poets feel,
Each day... How they carried on.
Then I was a fool for trying to run,
And for staying, maybe a greater fool.
But to discover,
A reason to breathe
A reason to ache
A reason to feel...
I'd ever be the poetic fool
Who found a reason for life.

5 comments:

Devi Ray said...

I am speechless! It's exactly how i felt every time I was in love with any girl at any point of my life.

You captured it all in one. This will always be special to me. Thanks.

The Rambler said...

Now that's what i call catching the moment. you have captured the essence beautifully. Kudos Purple...

Abigail said...

Wow... I did think it was all tht great! But thanks :)

cinnamon-o-fied chocolat said...

u r eerily put words and a tune to my thoughts...its half therapeutic and half entertaining

Devi Ray said...

Complex feelings in simple words...